Office of State Assessment
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Assistant Examinations Editor.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Assistant Examinations Editor Civil Service eligible list for this title. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for an Assistant Examinations Editor position in the Office of State Assessment. The Office of State Assessment is responsible for the development of examinations for elementary, intermediate and high school students. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Work under the supervision of Examination Editors to assist staff in the development of State assessments and test related materials including the preparation of electronic reports as required;
• Edit assigned examinations and materials according to established guidelines and timelines;
• Proofread typed copy and printer’s proof;
• Monitor progress of exams and materials through all test development stages;
• Maintain files of examinations and field tests; and
• Work with staff and vendors on translated and Braille versions of exams to proofread and check art work, front cover, numbering, etc.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or transcripts will be required for all candidates at the time of interview.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $58,028 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 17, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1841/06064) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 17, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1841/06064) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.