Office of Information Technology Services
Minimum Qualifications Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as an Information Technology Specialist 3.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in a title SG-21 or above deemed eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Section 52.6 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service in a title allocated SG-21 or higher eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. For information regarding the transfer options of your current title, please visit the Civil Service Career Mobility Office Website.
Eligible List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Information Technology Specialist 3 Civil Service eligible list. If you are on the Civil Service eligible list for this title, you may receive a canvass letter. You must complete and return it as instructed on the letter.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Performance Improvement Management Services is seeking candidates for an Information Technology Specialist 3 position in the Office of Information Technology Services (ITS). The incumbent of this position will supervise NYSED’s ITS Help Desk and Training Unit in the Automation Support Center (ASC), which provides end-user microcomputer services. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Directly supervise the day-to-day operations of the ITS Help Desk and Training Unit and its staff;
• Provide direction to staff in the development of plans and schedules for reviewing and testing new products;
• Develop staff skills to support the functions of the ITS Help Desk and Training Unit, including customer service skills and classroom training skills;
• Provide guidance, direction, and supervision of ITS subordinate staff, and assist staff with professional development of technical and non-technical skill sets;
• Serve as Level 3 advanced support for complex technical hardware, software, and network problems, and devise solutions that meet customers’ needs;
• Establish work processes, maintain a knowledgebase, and collaborate with other ASC staff to resolve technology problems;
• Supervise computer training related activities;
• Create and present classroom training and training materials associated with NYSED supported software;
• Apply project management tools to develop and oversee special projects;
• Utilize System Center Configuration Manager for desktop management;
• Troubleshoot domain account issues using Microsoft Active Directory;
• Utilize call tracking software and identify areas for improvement;
• Maintain and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual statistics regarding services provided by the ITS Help Desk and Training Unit;
• Manage, review, and improve the content of the ITS Help Desk and Training Unit’s website;
• Act as a team leader on various projects analyzing new software versions, hardware, and Help Desk and Training procedures; and
• Motivate staff to provide quality services and continuously improve the type and level of services offered to NYSED staff.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointee’s negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $92,693 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 17, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-337/51807) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 17, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions preferred). You must include the Box number (PIMS-337/51807) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.