Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications The preferred candidate will have experience working with attorneys, judges, courts, benefits/licensing processes or administrative hearing procedures, as well as having experience working with Outlook and Excel.
Duties Description Reporting to the Chief Administrative Law Judge (ALJ), the Secretary facilitates the conduct of administrative hearings and the timely issuance of decisions by assisting ALJs with scheduling, preparing hearing files, notices, and providing customers with general information about the office.
• Preparing Notices of Hearing and Adjournment and other related hearing documents;
• Coordinating and scheduling administrative hearings; maintaining hearing calendar, assisting ALJs with conducting hearings such as reserving hearing rooms, contacting court reporters and arranging for interpretation services, and greeting litigants;
• Processing and distributing administrative hearing decisions to appropriate parties in a timely manner;
• Documenting all actions regarding hearing files using BPLM, Acella, Excel and other computerized applications;
• Preparing, compiling and distributing hearing files;
• Ensuring receipt of hearing transcripts and maintaining transcript files;
• Providing hearing and general office information to public, receiving and screening telephone calls to ensure that ex-parte communications do not occur; and
• Sorting, opening, logging, and distributing incoming mail to staff; notifying ALJs of action items and placing incoming correspondence in hearing file.
This Secretary also performs other related tasks as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.