Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Promotion Qualifications: Candidates must have 1-year permanent service as a Rehabilitation Counselor 1 and a Bachelor’s degree in a human service field.
Transfer Qualifications: Candidate must be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1.
Duties Description The Rehabilitation Counselor 2 will be responsible for overseeing the Day Training and the Day Treatment services at the Amenia Program Center.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Explore new employment and volunteer opportunities for our individuals
• Assure wage determinations are completed and reviewed in a timely manner
• Assure that the pre-vocational notes and summaries are completed timely
• Oversee pre-voc, recycling program, and driver for the voc rehab trucks (recycling deliveries, moving crews, etc.)
• Assure all staff trainings are current
• Complete investigations
• Assure Medicaid compliance-Attend all meetings for IRA individuals and act as liaison with MSC’s and individuals ITTs
• Complete attendance and billing reports for individuals in pre-voc.
• Provide oversight of program billing
• Complete invoices for all Amenia Day program contracts
• Complete annual FICA recertification’s and eligibilities
• Attendance and billing reports for individuals in the pre-voc and day hab areas
• Supervise Day Hab HS1s, pre-voc HS1, RA2s and the DA 1 assigned to Amenia Program
• Other duties as assigned
Additional Comments Travel within the five-county catchment area will be required in the performance of the duties of the position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume to the Taconic DDSOO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also, be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume.
Taconic DDSO – Human Resources
26 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext. 3367
Please note: Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER