Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description This posting is for positions in the Valuation Services Bureau and the Equalization & Central Services Bureau.
Under the general direction of the Real Property Analyst 2 or other higher level manager, the Real Property Analyst 1 may perform (but not be limited to) the following essential functions:
• Analyze and evaluate data to establish equalization rates, railroad ceilings, special franchise assessments and utility advisory appraisals;
• Analyze valuation inventory reports and assist assessors in developing computer valuation models;
• Develop specifications for, and assist in developing, modifying and testing internal software applications used by ORPTS;
• Perform ratio analysis and associated tasks to determine municipal levels of assessment;
• Develop specifications for, and assist in developing, modifying, testing, installing and upgrading the State issued real property software in local government offices, answer questions about the system, and conduct classroom and on-the-job training for ORPTS and local government staff;
• Review and evaluate current assessment administration practices within a municipality;
• Interact with local government officials and vendors in all phases of reassessment activity; provide guidance and advice to local municipalities and other customers;
• Write agency reference manuals, handbooks and technical reports and develop training materials;
• Conduct training sessions for regional and central office staff and local assessors about market value surveys, commercial data collection and field review procedures;
• Evaluate sales and property tax data from localities, utility companies and other NYS agencies;
• Draft detailed documentation to support appraisals and detailed appraisal narratives;
• Gather and analyze sales, financing, rental, detailed structural, and expense information and company financial statements used to appraise property in accordance with the Division’s uniform procedures and guidelines;
• Train Division staff and local government officials in the use of RPSv4;
• Analyze data used to appraise property based on the Division’s uniform procedures and guidelines;
• Determine compliance with laws and rules regarding the State aid program;
• May serve as subject matter expert and/or lead worker on other assigned projects, as needed;
• Assist in preparing procedures and work plans; provide guidance and advice to local municipalities and other customers; may conduct public presentations;
• Supervise support staff and may train and mentor staff, as needed;
• Adhere to the time and attendance regulations of the Department.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.