Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
• Assist carriers and insurance companies with information necessary to acquire and maintain insurance compliance required to maintain operating authority.
• Review insurance forms for accuracy and make appropriate determinations.
• Enter insurance compliance information for motor carriers into a database and ensure warning and suspension letters to carriers are generated and mailed out in a timely manner.
• Assist customers with inquiries involving motor carrier issues.
• Provide support for office and field staff by assisting with insurance related questions.
• Assist other support staff with designing clerical procedures.
• Process customers’ fee payments for the annual Unified Carrier Registration (UCR) requirement and manage the completion of the annual UCR audit.
• Communicate and collaborate with other units within the Department and other government agencies.
• Responsibilities may include the supervision of other support staff.
• Assist with additional ad hoc functions within OMSS.
• Responsibilities also may include participating within the Incident Command System to support the Department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.