Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree or license to practice as a Registered Nurse in New York State; AND three (3) years of experience* working in any of the following, or combination of the following: a New York State Office of Mental Health, Office for People With Developmental Disabilities, Office of Children and Family Services, Department of Health, State Education Department or Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services licensed or supervised facility covered under the jurisdiction of the NYS Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs; investigating complaints and allegations of abuse and neglect of persons receiving care from a facility or provider covered under the jurisdiction of the NYS Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs; a medical facility; a child protective services organization; or as a professional advocate or service provider in the field of rehabilitation, developmental disabilities, or mental health.
Preferred Qualifications: The preferred candidate will have a master’s degree in human services, social work, psychology or other relevant clinical or health related field; interview, investigation, risk management, or QA/I experience, strong writing and data base skills and research experience.
Duties Description Under the general supervision of a Quality Care Facility Review Specialist 3, the Quality Care Facility Review Specialist 2 will perform the following duties:
• Supervise staff involved in auditing or reviewing programs, facilities and agencies under Justice Center jurisdiction.
• Conduct on-site audits and reviews of facilities and/or programs under Justice Center jurisdiction, including performing root cause analyses to identify systemic failures and opportunities for prevention and remediation.
• Draft audits and reviews, related correspondences and reports.
• Liaise with government agencies, provider facilities and other stakeholders as required.
• Monitor the completion, implementation and effectiveness of corrective actions created in response to the audits, program reviews, and abuse and neglect investigations.
• Perform duties both independently and in a team setting.
• Conduct studies involving systemic patterns and trends, and draft related documents.
• Acts as liaison within and outside the Justice Center.
• Work collaboratively with unit director and other supervisors to oversee quality and prevention work.
• Utilize available technology for data collection, reporting, and analysis and make recommendations on technology needs for improving those functions.
• Assist in the creation development training and implementation of unit policies, protocol and work flow processes.
• Assist in identifying, creating and dissemination of Abuse Prevention materials.
• Participate and lead internal and intra agency meetings and workgroups.
• Create presentation materials and present at relevant conferences.
Additional Comments The New York State Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs (Justice Center) is charged with protecting over one million New Yorkers under the care or jurisdiction of six state agencies. The following list outlines several of the Justice Center’s key responsibilities:
• Advocate on behalf of individuals with disabilities and provide oversight of quality of care.
• Operate a centralized, statewide 24-hour hotline and incident reporting system staffed by trained personnel.
• Operate a statewide register that contains the names of individuals found responsible for egregious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect.
• Centralize and perform functions relating to criminal history background checks.
• Investigate serious allegations of abuse and neglect.
• Prosecute criminal acts of abuse and neglect.
• Analyze abuse patterns and trends in order to prevent future occurrences.
NOTE: You are advised that should you accept a job offer with this agency, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay for the cost of the fingerprinting fee.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.