Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive service as an Assistant Director Information Technology Services 1 (M-4) OR who are in a position at G-29/M-3 or above deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades.
Duties Description This position will serve as the Director of Client Engagement within the ITS Public Safety Portfolio (PSP) in Albany, NY. The incumbent will oversee the Customer Relationship Manager Section in addition to the Business Analysis and Quality Assurance Section supporting DCJS, DOCCS, NYSP, DHSES, OVS, SCOC, and OPDV and directing 70+ staff. This position will be responsible for the development and deployment of Customer Relationship processes to ensure client needs are gathered, prioritized, and acted upon. This position will also manage the business analysis and quality assurance teams' operations as they relate to the development, maintenance and support of the complete, 350 plus, Public Safety Portfolio application inventory. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Develop, implement, and maintain the overall management and direction of the units' operations; the managerial, supervisory, and support staff.
• Configure, assign, and monitor priorities, schedules, assignments, workloads, and staffing levels to insure peak operational efficiency.
• Work with portfolio executives to develop and maintain annual personal and non-personal services and budget and spending plans.
• Assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures.
• Identify areas for improvement and develops and implements plans to address gaps in policies and/or procedures.
• Maintain open communications, acting as liaison between client agencies, Portfolio executives, the Chamber, and other ITS administrators to ensure client agencies' needs are met.
• Interact with internal and external clients, senior executives and the Chamber, to identify, analyze and prioritize business initiatives, enhancements and issues across the Portfolio.
• Contribute crucial technical and in-depth business knowledge.
• Provide general oversight within the Portfolio.
• Participate in negotiating and implementing new and/or modifying current Service Level Agreements between ITS and the client agencies.
• Create an environment where staff is motivated and energized to high performance.
• Play an active role in staff development through assignments, training, guidance and mentoring.
• Coordinate and direct Portfolio testing initiatives for new and/or modified Data Center hardware and software.
• Function as an executive on-call, requiring on-call availability to address priority 1 issues within the Portfolio and participates in resolution of major disruptions, malfunctions, and recurring problems which impact client agency operations.
• Perform the full range of managerial and supervisory duties.
Additional Comments Some positions may require additional credentials, fingerprinting, or a background check to verify your identity.
Selected candidates who are new or returning to NYS Service may be required to pay for fingerprinting fees.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Swan Street Building, Core 4
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume and indicate that you are applying for Assistant Director Information Technology Services 1, Ref. #14210. Please clearly indicate how you qualify for this position. Your Social Security number may be required in order to confirm your eligibility.