Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Candidate must be a matriculated undergraduate college student. Enrollment in a science-based curriculum is preferred. Additional preferred qualifications:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience collaborating with cross-functioning teams
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects to on-time completion
• Ability to take initiative and set priorities to accomplish goals
• Motivated, creative, organized, and detail-oriented
• Able to communicate using various platforms
• Proficient in MS Office skills, database use, and internet searches.
Duties Description As a Student Assistant in the Bureau of Labor Relations and Employee Safety, duties will include:
• Researching and compiling safety data sheets (SDS) for chemical products from the Thruway’s Chemical Inventory List
• Coordinating and assembling the required SDSs in our online chemical inventory database
• Contacting vendors to request SDSs when needed
• Develop training/communication materials for satellite sites to comply with their SDS recordkeeping requirements
• Using various software tools including Microsoft Office and graphics software
• Providing office support and related duties as assigned
Additional Comments Position will be 15 hours per week scheduled within regular office hours. Actual work hours will be determined based on management needs and student's class schedule. Hours are anticipated to increase to 37.5 hours per week in summer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.