Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
145 Old Orangeburg Road
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable for appointment on the current Civil Service eligible list for the title;
have permanent status as a Dietitian 2 and be eligible for lateral transfer;
Be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Temporary Appointment: Dietitian 2 is a continuous recruitment examination. Candidates who are not on the eligible list may apply for this position and if appointed, will receive a temporary appointment. Candidates who are not currently on the eligible list must apply for this examination with the Department of Civil Service by filling out NYS-APP application (http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf) and submitting it to the Department of Civil service.
Candidates appointed temporary must receive a score that is reachable on the resulting eligible list before they can be permanently appointed. Candidates who are found not qualified or who do not receive a reachable score may not be retained.
The minimum qualifications for Dietitian 2 are:
1. Current registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) as a Registered Dietitian (RD). You must indicate your RD registration number on your application.
2. New York State Education Department (NYSED) certification in dietetics-nutrition AND completion of a minimum of an additional 400 hours* of supervised dietetics practice under the supervision of a RD. You must indicate your NYSED certification in dietetics-nutrition number on your application.
*If you are qualifying under #2, the additional 400 hours required is in addition to the 800 hours of supervised dietetics practice under the supervision of a RD required for NYSED certification. On your application you must provide the name of the institution where you obtained the additional hours; the name of your supervisor; and your supervisor’s qualifications.qualifying title within two salary grades of this position are eligible to apply.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is recruiting to fill one permanent Dietitian 2 , Grade 18, position at the Cook Chill Production Center (CCPC) located in Orangeburg, New York. CCPC produces wholesome food that meets the nutritional and budgetary needs of its customers, which include OMH facilities, other state and government facilities, and non-profit agencies. Cook Chill is a facility which prepares large quantities of food with an extended shelf life.
Duties to be performed may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Administer preoperational and operational sanitation inspections to ensure
compliance with State and Federal standards.
• Supervise food production staff in a large-scale production kitchen. Perform a full range of supervisory duties including time and attendance, performance evaluations, personnel record preparation, and overtime issues.
• Request supplies, materials and equipment related to food production activities.
• Conduct inspections of food preparation area to ensure compliance with State and Federal standards and to identify safety hazards.
• Develop new recipes and new products.
• Participate in the process of hiring new staff.
• Plan and conduct in-service training activities.
• Oversee the standardization of recipes.
• Assist in the development of a quality assurance program for the Cook Chill Program.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #58775 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.