Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
40 N. Pearl Street
Minimum Qualifications Eligible for a lateral transfer or eligible for a 70.1 transfer by having one year of permanent, competitive service in an appropriate title.
Reachable on the appropriate eligible list in Albany.
Duties Description Duties of the position will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Answer main Division of Shelter and Oversight (DSOC) phone line. Respond to inquiries regarding DSOC rules and regulations;
• Receive complaint/grievance calls, and either resolve the issue or transfer the call to the appropriate person/area for next level handling;
• Assist with typing inspection reports, addendums, and monthly reports;
• Respond to written communications from the public requesting information;
• Assist with issuing Operational Certificates for certified homeless shelters;
• Assist with setting up interviews, conference calls, meetings and other similar interactions;
• Enter data into a shared tracking data base;
• Fax/Copy/Scan materials as needed.
Additional Comments You must be a current NYS employee to apply for this position. A full time, permanent appointment will be made. If certified by Civil Service, mandatory reemployment list candidates must be considered first for appointments to this title.
***Candidates should reference posting #18-169 when submitting your application.*** If submitting electronically, please reference posting #18-169 as part of your subject line.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please send a cover letter and resume. Include a current, Civil Service title and grade level and clearly state how you meet the minimum qualifications.
You may be required to provide acceptable proof of education, experience, credential and/or license to demonstrate that you meet the minimum qualifications for appointment to this position.
Applicants will be required to prove their eligibility for employment based upon acceptance of a position in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
If you are a retiree currently receiving benefits, indicate this and the name of the retirement system in your response.
In accordance with state law, Governor’s Executive Order No. 6 and Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance does not discriminate against disabled individuals. If you are disabled and require reasonable accommodation at the time of the interview, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Development in Albany at (518) 473-8555 or in New York City at (212) 961-8216.