Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare plans for highway and bridge projects using CADD Workstations (e.g., AutoCadd, Civil 3D, Microstation, OpenRoads, Storm & Sanitary, HydroCadd, AutoTurn, GuideSign).
• Work on projects that are technically complex and require 3D modeling, closed drainage, large structures, traffic modeling, etc.
• Prepare the project reports (e.g., Project Scoping Reports,
Design Reports, Drainage Reports).
• Assist with the development of the engineer’s estimate.
• Assist with the project scheduling.
• Develop notes and specifications for specialty work.
• Help test the latest CADD software.
• Gather and compile of site data for highway and bridge projects. Occasional travel is required to attend site visits, meet with Regional staff, and attend public meetings.
• Serve as part of a design team in a dynamic environment, which progresses several projects simultaneously. This position will require working closely with other team members to accomplish team goals and meet customer requirements.
Responsibilities may also include participating within the Incident Command System to support the Department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.