Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
25 Beaver Street, 3rd Floor
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list: Professional Administrative Traineeship Transition (PATT), or Professional Careers Opportunity Test (PCO) or a current New York State employee eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Examples of titles eligible for 70.1 are Program Operations Specialist 1, Resources and Reimbursement Program Development Specialist 1 and Management Specialist 1.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) provides high-quality, person-centered services, supports and advocacy to individuals with developmental disabilities in New York State. Our guiding principle in our interactions with the people we serve and each other is “Putting People First,” and is exemplified with values of compassion, dignity, diversity, excellence and honesty.
The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) Division of Enterprise Solutions is seeking a person to work as a Revenue and Reimbursement Agent in the local Revenue Support Field Office (RSFO) to help people with developmental disabilities live richer lives. The agent is part of the RSFO team responsible for securing Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, Supplemental Security Income, Social Security and other benefits for the individuals residing in state operations. In addition, the RSFO agent will also act on behalf of New York State Medicaid as a district worker, dealing with nonprofit agencies and the developmentally disabled individuals they serve.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Investigate and determine potential eligibility or continued eligibility for all benefits and assistance available to individuals.
• Develop benefits and entitlements; protect and preserve assets and continue eligibility for benefits.
• Maximize reimbursement by establishing charges and arranging payments.
• Communicate with Revenue Support Field Operations, other State and Federal agencies, community agencies, individuals, their relatives and other advocates.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue