Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Appointment Method
List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Administrative Aide/Agency Program Aide, #00-340.
Transfer: Candidates in a title eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law are encouraged to apply. Information regarding transfer eligibility may be available on the Civil Service Career Mobility Office website at http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/
Please Note that under Civil Service Law, an employee cannot have two consecutive upward 70.1 or 52.6 transfers without an intervening eligible list appointment if such transfers would exceed two salary grades.
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services (“DFS”) is seeking candidates to fill the position of Program Aide, SG-13. Duties of this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Performs first level review of applications and accompanying documents submitted by individuals seeking licensure as Mortgage Loan Originators (MLO), for accuracy and completeness, including managing data entry process between the Department's internal database and external third-party application system. Also, includes review of federal and state statutory requirements, such as pre-licensing education, testing requirements, criminal background checks and credit reports for financial responsibility determination;
• Reviews, develops, maintains and updates tracking reports as required by the program area to monitor the status of applications;
• Prepares correspondence notifying applicants of licensing standards, non-compliance with such standards, enforcement action taken by the Department and outstanding fees, if any; Also, drafts memorandums requesting legal opinions regarding the licensing or denial of an applicant;
• Assists in the development of charts, tables and reports designed to analyze the effectiveness of the Department's MLO licensing processes, including information related to application processing time, annual volume, and annual renewal results;
• Provides responses to incoming inquiries from MLO applicants and other individuals seeking MLO licensing information including but not limited to continuing education, pre-licensing education, criminal background check, fees, surety bond requirements and application status;
• Coordinates and reconciles the Department's internal applications pending reports with external third-party database and completes weekly data integrity review between the two databases; and
• Validates and monitors MLO sponsorship compliance by comparing information across internal and external databases; prepares letters to licensed individuals and entities notifying of noncompliance, if any.
Additional Comments Appointment to this position is pending Division of Budget approval to fill. Please note that a change in negotiating unit may affect your salary, insurance and other benefits.
Positions located within the New York City metropolitan area, as well as Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, and Westchester Counties, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than September 25, 2018 to the email address listed below. Please include Box PA-MB-25000 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 301
Albany, New York 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job and the accommodation would not constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency.