Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive service as Contract Management Specialist 3; OR in a title G-25 or above deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades or one M-level.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Director of the Portfolio Business Office, the Contract Management Specialist 3 will be assigned to the Portfolio Business Office within the Business Services division and will be responsible for an array of activities associated with contractual, administrative, and fiscal management services. The incumbent will perform and oversee the contract management functions within the division developing and monitoring the Portfolio budgets and supporting financial transactions that include contract payments and purchases within the Statewide Financial System (SFS). The incumbent will also oversee human capital management, and coordinate with the ITS central Finance Office on all contract and procurement-related activities. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all state regulations, rules, and laws governing the procurement and contracting process;
• Initiate and revise procedures to address changes in the laws and regulations;
• Review proposed contracts for fiscal and programmatic correctness, adherence to state policy, compatibility with agency programs and program goals, availability of funds, and appropriateness of rates;
• Manage and monitor contract execution, identifying, and reporting on contractor deficiencies, and administering contract closeout procedures;
• Review procurement records to ensure that all applicable laws, rules, and regulations are adhered to and that proposed contracts represent the "best value" to the State;
• Assist and coordinate the development of RFP or other procurement vehicles and drafting requests for Exemptions and/or Contract Reporter advertisements for the approval of the Contract/Budget Manager;
• Provide guidance, technical assistance, and training as needed to facilitate the contract and procurement processes and ensure control requirements are met;
• Work with program staff regarding State Finance Law requirements and other laws that apply to the procurement of goods and services;
• Provide guidance regarding procurement strategies to be used for acquisitions and various procurement methodologies to prevent bid protests by unsuccessful bidders;
• Assist in the maintenance and monitoring of the project procurement plan;
• Respond to audit inquiries;
• Respond to agency inquiries regarding agency participation payments or payment options for E-Licensing/Business Express Program;
• Coordinate with staff that supports the financial operations of SFS and monitor activity;
• Work collaboratively with other Administrative Services staff and ITS core admin support to effectively execute SFS requisitions in SFS; and liaise with the Program staff, PMO and Executives;
• Work with management and ITS to develop the yearly financial plan for Licensing Program as it relates to contract expenditures;
• Manage contract funds and spending authority through the reconciliation of monthly expenditures and payments;
• Prepare regular updates on contract expenditures and invoice payments, and ensure payments align with appropriate funding source;
• Assist in the voucher payment process, ensuring vouchers are submitted in accordance with contract provisions and state regulations;
• Remain current on NYS procurement procedures and ensure program follows process;
• Perform Human Capital Management functions for Portfolio(s);
• Serve in appropriate roles in workflow for transactions and confirm accuracy of data/transactions;
• Remain up-to-date through classroom training and training materials on changes to SFS;
• Build expertise in the use of the Statewide Financial System to ensure efficiencies supporting agency operations, and serve as a subject matter expert for SFS Stakeholders;
• Work closely with central offices, Program staff, Portfolio Executives and Project Managers for all contracts, procurements, staff augmentation and fiscal/budgetary requests;
• Maintain a database of this information and prepare reports as needed;
• Act as liaison between Portfolio staff, central offices, and Executives to ensure information is disseminated amongst all parties;
• Train and supervise lower level staff and/or paraprofessional staff as necessary in the planning and development of procurement strategic sourcing methods and documents;
• Perform a full range of supervisory duties.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Empire State Plaza, P.O. Box 2062
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of Jeff Memole and indicate that you are applying for Contract Management Specialist 3, Ref. #15414. In your cover letter, please clearly state how you meet the minimum qualifications. Your Social Security Number may be required in order to confirm your eligibility.