Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1500 Waters Place
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable for appointment from the appropriate Civil Service eligible list for this title;
Transfer Opportunity - Candidates must have permanent status as a Licensed Master Social Worker 1, Grade 18, and be eligible for later transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. To qualify for Section 70.1 transfer, candidates must be licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and have at least one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service in an approved title within two salary grades of the Grade 18 level.
Temporary Appointment –
In the event there is not a valid eligible list at this location, candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for the Licensed Master Social Worker examination may submit an employment application and resume to Bronx Psychiatric Center and if hired, will be appointed with temporary status.
Candidates must also submit an online application for the Licensed Master Social Worker examination during the next application period in January 2019. The examination announcement and the online application can be found at the following link:
Candidates appointed temporarily must receive a score that is reachable on the resulting eligible list before they can be permanently appointed.
Licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). Registration and licensure as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor is not considered qualifying for this exam.
Duties Description Licensed Master Social Workers 1 serve as members of interdisciplinary treatment teams providing the full range of social work services to individuals.
Other services include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct investigations/special investigations and write summary reports.
• Perform data entry and data management tasks.
• Serve as liaison to the Justice Center and other monitoring agencies.
• Participate in facility wide meetings that promote risk reduction and a safe and therapeutic environment.
Preferred qualifications: Prior investigatory experience a plus, but willing to train the right candidate. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
1. In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
2. If appointed you may be required to become an enrolled Medicare provider; obtain and provide to your employer a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number issued by the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPES); and otherwise actively participate to the degree necessary to allow for your services to be billed through Medicare and Medicaid. If you are appointed and you lose the ability to bill through Medicaid and Medicare, you may be terminated from your employment.
3. Continued employment as a Licensed Master Social Worker 1 is dependent upon current licensure and registration by New York State as a Licensed Master Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Loss of licensure and registration may result in removal from employment.
Additional Comments Background Investigation/Justice Center Review: Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC), which includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application, may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees will be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
This position is in the Risk Management Department.
This position is eligible for a Downstate Adjustment of $3,026.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1500 Waters Place
Notes on ApplyingPlease indicate the Title, Vacancy ID # and Location of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email or fax. Please complete the Office of Mental Health Employment Application and submit it along with your other application materials via fax, mail or the Human Resources email address noted above.