Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications: Any permanent Training Specialist 1, Nursing
Anyone eligible for 70.1 transfer (if applicable)
Promotional Opportunities: Anyone reachable on the current Civil Service List
Minimum Qualifications: You must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office of Mental Health or the New York State Office for People with Developmental Disabilities and have one year of service as follows: as a Nurse 1, Nurse 2, or Nurse 2 (Psychiatric).
Possession of a license and current registration to practice as a registered professional nurse in New York State, one year of post-licensure clinical nursing experience, and two years of experience delivering specialized training in a classroom setting.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Training Specialist 1-RN within the Talent Development and Training Department will have key responsibilities for developing, coordinating and delivering a comprehensive workforce training program. Demonstrated strengths will include: Strong interpersonal, organizational and team skills; Staff development/training experience including strong platform skills; Ability to develop audience appropriate instructional materials for a range of learning goals and topics; Ability to supervise and mentor trainers and trainees; Experience working with diverse groups; highly organized; Current instructor certification/ willingness to obtain: American Red Cross CPR/FA; others as assigned. Areas of responsibility will include:
• Develop, coordinate and present comprehensive workforce training programs for diverse campus and community based residential and other service settings.
• Train, supervise and support ancillary trainers from other departments in the development and presentation of specific training courses, for example Nursing Triage, AMAP, CPR.
• Serve as Primary TD&T Support Contact for Campus or Community Nursing and Medical training issues.
• Present OPWDD approved AMAP, CPR, Blood borne Pathogens and Infection Control curriculum; facilitate range of interactive learning activities.
• Maintain accurate, well organized employee training records
• Co-facilitate New Employee Orientation Program
• Conducts the OPWDD RN Orientation Class
• Liaison for targeted employee HWRI Professional Development Program and educational benefits.
• Coordinate selected OPWDD Central Office Workforce training initiatives, as assigned
• Provide leadership and consultation to various Committees as requested
• Enter data and generate range of reports from Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS); Utilize data to promote consistent compliance with mandated training requirements
• Search employee training records and prepare reports for investigations and other regulatory bodies upon request
• Teach Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS) SLMS users; e.g. supervisors to promote compliance with completion of training mandates and other regulatory requirements
• Proficiently use a range of Microsoft computer applications to efficiently manage email, calendars, schedules, data, and documents.
• Coordinate with outside instructors/ experts to plan and facilitate presentations as requested
• Other related duties as assigned
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by September 26, 2018 to:
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 18-125 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.