Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be currently reachable on the Senior Computer Operator (SG-14) eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates must have one year of permanent, competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to salary grade 12 or higher.
Duties Description • Monitors all system consoles and hardware diagnostic displays for mainframe and open systems to ensure that systems are operating efficiently.
• Ability to analyze problem and errors, initiate corrective action and consult/inform users as necessary.
• Fulfill other duties as assigned to complete essential functions.
• Monitors all system consoles and critical displays for alerts and follows documented procedures.
• Initiates schedules and ensures that subsequent actions are performed.
• Works in cooperation with tape and print processing to ensure that customer workflow is completed.
• Prepare clear and concise shift, absentee and turnover reports to provide problem descriptions, actions taken, and any other pertinent information.
• Issue initial notification and log problems to programming, help desk, or other technical staff.
• Initiate hardware and software incident reports following documented procedures.
• Operate print devices that produce the output from various data processing program runs.
• Operate post print processing equipment.
• Ensure that agency schedules, specific form and production quality are maintained.
• Prepare accurate and timely check reconciliation paperwork.
• Adhere to security procedures and requirements in regard to storage, transportation, utilization, disposition, and accountability of secure stock.
• Aligns and configures printers and post print equipment based on instructions, procedures and other pre-defined standards.
• Removes completed jobs from system and conducts quality control checks.
• Records, labels, batches, and distributes output and ensures delivery.
• Inspect completed post print processing for accuracy and adherence to standards.
• Performs regular cleaning and basic maintenance of print and post print equipment.
• Ability to operate pallet moving equipment and physically lift up to 50lbs.
• Performs supervisory responsibilities over SG-10 computer operators and provide instruction and training to SG-10 computer operators.
• Ensures official agency policies and procedures are observed.
• Use appropriate communication mechanisms to advise supervisor and management of accomplishments and pending issues.
• Maintain working knowledge of all installed computer hardware and software components in the Data Center in order to train SG-10 computer operators and perform their tasks as necessary.
• Monitors tape console for messages and monitors robotic system console.
• Prepares and assigns physical and virtual tapes for various data processing operations.
• Files, prepares and monitors tapes for transport to offsite storage in accordance with agency procedures.
• Documents, degausses (erases) and arranges for destruction of identified media in accordance with agency procedures.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Reliability and dependability under varying shifts and conditions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, both orally and in written format with peers, management, vendors, technical staff, etc.
• Experience working in a team environment, willing to take direction, as well as work independently.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Able to keep up production while ensuring quality control standards are continually maintained.
• Knowledgeable in Excel, Lotus Notes, and Microsoft Word software
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 22, 2018. Please reference Item #00627 – MPM- when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The Vacancy ID # should not be included.