Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
• One year of permanent competitive service as Assistant Director, Division of Corporations & State Records, M-1 or in a position at the M-3 or G-29 level eligible to transfer via Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. The ideal candidate will have strong experience in managing volume processing in a regulatory, customer service oriented, revenue generating environment.
• Solid leadership experience
• Extensive experience in program and/or organizational planning, change management, and communications with executive leadership
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
• An understanding of the Law, Rules regulations governing business formation in New York;
• Experience managing technology improvements projects
• Historical knowledge of Model 204 and CICS computer systems
• Experience overseeing a large, multi- faceted production unit
Duties Description Under the general direction of the Deputy Secretary of State, the incumbent is responsible for overall policy direction and management of the Division’s functional responsibilities. As Director, you will be responsible for operational excellence, unparalleled customer service, and fostering a collaborative work environment with a large staff. Duties include planning, organizing and directing the work of the Division, setting policy and establishing priorities, directing the improvement of business processes and use of technology, developing the Division’s legislative agenda, representing the Department in meetings with government officials, business organizations, legal and financial groups and the general public.
The Department of State’s Division of Corporations & State Records and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) has three bureaus with a staff of approximately 90. The Corporations Bureau files and maintains records of business and not-for-profit corporations, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, and limited liability partnerships. Assumed name filings are filed and maintained for corporations, limited partnerships and limited liability entities. Statutory references and instruction are provided to certificate filers. The Bureau accepts summons against corporations and business entities on behalf of the Secretary of State. The State Records Bureau files and maintains records on trademarks, service marks, games of chance, state and local laws, notices by dealers in securities, oaths of office and Governor’s appointments and orders. It also provides authentication services for documents to be used in other jurisdictions. The UCC Bureau files and maintains records on financial obligations incurred by individuals and businesses which are used by those who are contemplating entering into a lien transaction as a secured party.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
11th Floor, Suite 1150
Notes on ApplyingSubmit cover letter, resume and two writing samples created during the last 12 months.
? 1 Microsoft Word document related to your current business role.
? 1 PowerPoint document related to a project or presentation given to Executive leadership or a large audience in your current business role.
Any applications with missing or omitted information will not be considered.
Bureau of Human Resources Management
NYS Department of State
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 1150
Albany, NY 12231