Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the Contract Management Specialist 1 or appropriate Civil Service eligible list or a current NYS employee eligible for transfer under Sections 52.6, 70.1 or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law. Depending on qualifications, candidate may be required to serve a 2 year traineeship that leads to a journey level grade 18 position.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, a candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service in a 70.1 title allocated to a salary grade 16 or above.
To be eligible for a 52.6 transfer, a candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service in a 52.6 title allocated to a salary grade 16 or above.
One year of permanent competitive service in a position allocated to a SG-11 or higher, possess a Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university or one recognized by the New York State Education Department as following acceptable educational practices and have standing on the PATT or Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible lists.
Duties Description Review and approve/disapprove procurements and other related financial documents.
• Read documents, identify areas of concern, communicate concerns and recommendations to state agency staff. Recommend audited contracts for OSC approval or disapproval.
Provide guidance, technical assistance and training to agency staff and/or potential bidder(s) to facilitate the contract and procurement processes, ensuring all control requirements are met.
• Contact agency staff to review contract preparation and award requirements.
Develop and assist with the development of audit guidelines and standards for contracts and other related financial documents.
• Review new legislation, integrate with existing guidelines and standards for audits.
Additional Comments DESIRED COMPETENCIES:
• Ability to read and comprehend documents.
• Ability to compare documents to laws, rules and regulations for conformity.
• Ability to communicate contract requirements to agency staff.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingNotes on Applying: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than September 27, 2018. Please reference items #01628 & #01648-GOER-JDC when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER VACANCY # should not be included.