Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law or reachable on the Payroll Specialist 1 eligible list.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, candidate must have one year or permanent service in a qualifying title allocated to salary grade 9 or above.
Duties Description Review and process incoming TD-346 Stop and Reissue forms for payroll checks.
• Review, process and key incoming TD-346 forms to an excel spreadsheet.
• Provide notification to payroll officers on the status of the stop and reissued paychecks.
• Provide assistance to agencies completing these forms.
• Scan and upload documents to FileNet.
Assists with the State’s annual payroll check outreach and escheatment process.
• Process and key returned outreach form information into PayServ. 2) Contact agencies and/or employees for additional documentation when necessary. 3) Track all escheatment forms and transactions.
Assist the Direct Deposit and Paycheck Exchange (AC1476) Teams.
• Provide backup to the Direct Deposit and Payroll Exchange (AC1476) Teams. This includes sending agency notifications, running various reports and queries. Handle inquiries from agencies.
Additional Comments DESIRED COMPETENCIES
• Excellent analytical and organization skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Detail orientated, and produces an accurate and timely work product
• Works well independently and in a team environment
• Ability to respond to written inquiries and telephone calls from NYS employees, NYS agencies and vendors
• Ability to analyze and review weekly deduction query results
• Ability to prepare timely, accurate, thoughtful deduction related research
• Ability to locate, research, communicate and document any discrepancies or unusual circumstances
• Ability to reconcile complex business reports and identify discrepancies
• Ability to provide training and guidance to employees
• Ability to assess multiple competing priorities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than September 24, 2018. Please reference Item #02039- GOER –JDC when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The VACANCY # should not be included.