Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Non-Competitive Appointment: Candidates must be physically able to perform medium to heavy physical labor as well as speak and understand English and carry out written or oral instructions.
Preference may be given to applicants who have:
• Experience working with deaf students; and
• The ability to communicate through ASL/Sign Language.
Employees of the NYSSD who are currently in a Food Service Worker 1 position and are interested in switching to the hours of this position MUST apply to the position as outlined in the Application section of this flyer.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for a Food Service Worker 1 position in the New York State School for the Deaf (NYSSD). Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Wash foodservice equipment, including garbage cans and general kitchen cooking utensils, by hand and machine, using a variety of cleaning substances;
• Wash storage areas, including food preparation areas, by hand and machine using a variety of cleaning substances;
• Store deliveries in appropriate storage areas;
• Bring food and other supplies to preparation and serving areas as directed;
• Clean fruits, vegetables, and potatoes in preparation for cooking as directed;
• Cook grill-type foods such as hamburgers and eggs;
• Serve food in the proper portions to students;
• Ensure students on special diets receive proper food and portions; and
• Wash and sanitize dining room areas including chairs, tables, and floors.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a permanent, 10-month, non-competitive appointment, with the potential of working additional time during the summer. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Fingerprinting through the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Division of Criminal Justice Services, a background check with the Office of Children and Family Services and clearance from the Justice Center Staff Exclusion List is required for employment. Fees associated with this process are at the applicant’s expense. The work schedule for this position includes hours of Monday through Thursday, 10:30am – 7:00pm, and Friday, 6:00am – 2:30pm.
*Leads to a maximum salary of $29,995 ($35,995 prorated to 10 months) with annual performance advances.
Application: Qualified candidates should send a copy of their resume and letter of interest by September 28, 2018 (link sends e-mail) to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (RND-125/00365) of the position in all correspondence and in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, Room 528
Notes on ApplyingApplication: Qualified candidates should send a copy of their resume and letter of interest by September 28, 2018 (link sends e-mail) to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (RND-125/00365) of the position in all correspondence and in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application.