Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1051 Riverside Drive
Minimum Qualifications Transfer:
Candidates must have permanent status as a Psychiatrist 2 and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Possession of a license to practice medicine in New York State and board certification in general psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Eligible for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs.
Duties Description The Office of Mental Health (OMH) is currently recruiting to fill a Psychiatrist 2 vacancy in the Office of the Chief Medical Officer, located in New York City. The Psychiatrist 2 will serve as the Medical Director for OMH Consultation Services and for Special Projects and will report jointly to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) and the Associate Medical Director. In this capacity, the incumbent will have statewide responsibility for making decisions concerning programmatic and operational issues. Specific duties to be performed may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• OMH Consultation and Continuing Education Services
- Oversee and manage OMH clinical consults, using New York State Psychiatric Institute (NYSPI) and other clinical experts and trainees, to support clinical best practices throughout the OMH State-operated service system.
- Review and advise the CMO regarding NYSPI and Nathan Kline Institute grant and sponsor/contract applications, as well as new and ongoing academic and research concerns and program updates as requested.
• Special Projects
- Manage Cognitive Remediation to Promote Recovery (CR2PR), currently in 15 State-operated adult clinics.
- Support oversight of NYS OMH OnTrackNY program for individuals with first episode psychosis.
- Participate in OMH Behavioral Health Performance Measurement Center projects that identify and test quality and outcome measures for behavioral health provider networks and systems of care.
- Participate in oversight of NYS Medicaid quality and performance improvement projects in collaboration with the NYS Department of Health and Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services.
- Additional projects as assigned.
• Clinical Care
- One half-day per week treating patients in an OMH state operated clinic to be determined.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for this position, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position and Vacancy ID #58982 in the subject line of your email when applying.
You are advised that, should you accept a job offer with the Office of Mental Health, you may be required to be fingerprinted and pay a fingerprint fee.