Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Appointment Method
List Appointment: Candidates must be reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Administrative Aide/Agency Program Aide, #00-340.
Transfer: Candidates in a title eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law are encouraged to apply. Information regarding transfer eligibility may be available on the Civil Service Career Mobility Office website at http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/
Please Note that under Civil Service Law, an employee cannot have two consecutive upward 70.1 or 52.6 transfers without an intervening eligible list appointment if such transfers would exceed two salary grades.
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services (“DFS”) is seeking candidates to fill the position of Program Aide, SG-13. Duties of this position will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Evaluates operations on an ongoing basis and makes recommendations as needed to improve the efficiencies of operations;
• Assigns and prioritizes work assignments to staff to ensure efficient and effective workflow;
• Keeps supervisors updated on progress of administrative operations and of any issues encountered;
• Oversees the maintenance of the files and file storage;
• Processes and/or oversees the processing of FOIL requests for Annual Statements, Quarterly Statements, CPA Reports, and Reports on Examinations;
• Enters statuses and disposition information into the FOIL Tracking System;
• Monitors recordkeeping procedures for recording FOIL requests and the various steps involved in processing requests for copies;
• Monitors receipt and ensures accurate identification and recording of Annual and Quarterly Statements into the Department’s portal application;
• Oversees the archiving of Annual and Quarterly Statements and advises upper management of ones that were not submitted;
• Updates and/or monitors the updating of company cards with the most current information and communicating such changes to NYC and Albany Life Bureau personnel;
• Creates new audit note files and company cards where necessary; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note that a change in negotiating unit may affect your salary, insurance and other benefits. Positions located within the New York City metropolitan area, as well as Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, and Westchester Counties, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than September 28, 2018 to the email address listed below. Please include Box PA-LIFE-00739 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 301
Albany, New York 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job and the accommodation would not constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency.