Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Capital District - Hudson Valley - Taconic
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
For Permanent Appointment:
Candidate must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or eligible to transfer via section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. Candidate must be able to become Certified as a START Coordinator.
For Provisional appointment:
Candidates must be a qualified employee of NYS Office for People With Developmental Disabilities and have had three months of permanent competitive service as a Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 2, Mental Hygiene Nursing Program Coordinator or Treatment Team Leader (Developmental Disabilities).
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Office for People With Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) is seeking a Director for the NY START program in OPWDD DDRO Region #3. The START program addresses the need for available community based crisis prevention and intervention services to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities (I/DD) and co-occurring behavioral/mental health needs.
The NY START Region 3 program consists of regionally-based START Clinical Teams, in-home supports, and a free-standing therapeutic respite site. The program is supported by multi-level linkage agreements between agencies and providers; ongoing clinical education and consultation; technical assistance; and, data-driven, evidence-informed practices and analyses. The START model requires adherence to a strict level of fidelity to the national START model and its requirements and protocols for training, clinical excellence, data collection and analysis.
The primary goals of the NY START program are to develop linkage agreements between I/DD and mental health agencies and providers for the provision of crisis prevention and response services; and, to develop site-based and in-home therapeutic respite services for planned and emergency use.
The ideal candidate for this position will share OPWDD’s commitment to advocating on behalf of people with developmental disabilities as well as advancing and enhancing services and supports. In line with our dedication to “Putting People First,” he/she will also provide leadership, commitment, and support to a diverse workforce.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Developmental Disabilities Program Specialist 4 START Director is a critical position which requires charismatic style and excellent communication skills for interaction with agencies, providers, clinicians, consultants, families, and the general public. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Provide a uniform presence in the 3 areas of Region 3, i.e., Capital District, Hudson Valley, and Taconic. Travel throughout the 18 county Region is required.
• Work flex, evening, and occasional weekend hours, when needed. Shared 24/7 backup support for On-call START coordinators.
• Supervise the START Clinical Team and Respite Facility 24/7/365.
• Represent START to the community at large by maintaining visibility, accessibility, and a public relations approach.
• Understand the programmatic and cultural nuances found across different systems of care.
• Work with different systems of care to establish and maintain community linkages between I/DD and MH providers.
• Identify training and support needs of the START linkage providers and families in the community; and, coordinate/develop trainings utilizing START clinical staff and community-based specialists.
Additional Comments Please note:
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
44 Holland Avenue
Notes on ApplyingThe work location will be discussed at the time of interview.
LOCATION: Region 3 Offices:
Capital District Hudson Valley Taconic
500 Balltown Road 7 Wilbur Road 26 Wassaic Circle
Schenectady, NY Thiells, NY 10984 Wassaic, NY
OTHER: Pending Division of Budget approval to fill
Submit cover letter and résumé by October 26, 2018. Please reference the above EOA #2018-149 in all correspondence.