Minimum Qualifications Reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list or a current NYS employee eligible for transfer under Section 52.6, 70.1 or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible for transfer under Section 52.6, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a 52.6 title allocated to grade 16 or higher.
To be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title.
Candidates with one year of permanent competitive service in a position within two salary grades and possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College. Applicants must have passed the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) or Public Administration Traineeship Transition (PATT) exam.
Candidates may be required to serve a 2-year traineeship that leads to the grade 18 position. The traineeship includes a comprehensive training plan that will be individualized based on the candidate’s experience.
55B/C eligible candidate with a Bachelor’s Degree.
Duties Description The Office of Budget and Policy Analysis Bureau of Debt Management (Bureau) within the New York State Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) seeks highly motivated individuals interested in debt issuance and debt portfolio administration to join our team as a senior administrative analyst. The Bureau is seeking to fill the following position:
Debt Issuance and Debt Portfolio Administration
As a Senior Administrative Analyst, the successful candidate would assist the Bureau in management of the New York State General Obligation (GO) and New York Local Government Assistance Corporation (LGAC) debt portfolios. Duties will include accurate and timely payment of GO and LGAC bonds’ debt service and related portfolio expenses, management of LGAC cash flow and ensuring funds are properly secured, issuance of GO and LGAC bonds, debt data management activities to ensure accurate tracking and integrity of the GO and LGAC debt portfolios, preparation and distribution/filing of data, reports or notices necessary to comply with statutory, regulatory, accounting, continuing disclosure or other requirements, participation in procurement activities related to GO and LGAC portfolios, and tracking and maintaining of reports, records, correspondence, filings and notifications received in hardcopy and/or electronic format. The successful candidate would also assist in the coordination of the annual information statement and updates (AIS) reviews with other OSC Divisions and work on policy reports or other special projects related to public finance and the municipal bond market.
Additional Comments KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Debt Issuance and Debt Portfolio Administration - Preferred qualifications include:
• A degree in business, finance, accounting, economics, public administration or a related field;
• An understanding of finance, including but not limited to understanding of debt service amortization and interest cost and present value saving analysis;
• Experience in data analysis; modeling, statistical or other data analysis techniques;
• Demonstrated attention to details, the ability to work in a fast paced team environment and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines, and possession of strong quantitative, analytical, organizational, data management, interpersonal and communication skills;
• Proven ability to learn and work successfully with financial data and concepts;
• Familiarity with and interest in New York State and local budgetary and fiscal matters; and
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Access.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingNotes on Applying: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 16, 2018.
Please reference Item # 00078– GOER-JFP
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The VACANCY ID # should not be included.