Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
4 Burrow Drive
Minimum Qualifications 1. Must be a current state employee and permanent in the title of Dietitian 2.
2. Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service Eligible List for Dietitian 2.
3. Must be currently certified in New York State as a Dietitian or a Nutritionist and must maintain current certification.
4. Currently registered with the American Academy of Nutrition as a Dietitian and must maintain current registration.
Duties Description • Monitor the need of high nutritional risk individuals in their assigned area (i.e., tube feeding, pre-tube feedings, those prone to aspiration pneumonia, multiple chopped/puree consistency diets, as well as individuals with kealoric, electrolyte, nutrient and other metabolic needs, such as diabetes, hypertension, low body weight, etc.);
• Complete an Annual Nutritional Assessment & Nutritional Diagnosis via the nutrional care process (NCP) for each individual based on his/her nutritional care needs;
• Perform semi-annual nutritional review for all IRA & Willowbrook individuals;
• Perform monthly weights, lab reviews, and diet roster update;
• Develop staff training plans for employees on all three shifts in assigned areas based upon individuals' specific nutritional care needs;
• Develop seasonal menus tailored to the individual's needs;
• Conduct weekly meal observtions;
• Train staff on proper food safety and sanitation.
• Provide nutrition care instructions to individuals and their families;
• Conduct annual sanitation inspections of kitchens and food safety update;
• Other duties as assigned appropriate to the title.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by October 17, 2018 to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
P.O. Box 470
Notes on ApplyingPOSITION DESCRIPTION:
As a Dietitian 2, you would be a member of an interdisciplinary team and provide Medical Nutrition Therapy which may include consulting with physicians on nutrition support requests; planning and supervising the preparation of special diets and menus; maintaining safe and sanitary conditions; and training or assisting individuals, families and staff to plan specialized and therapeutic nutrition care plans. You may have oversight responsibility in the service of food; assist in the instruction of students or nutrition interns in Medical Nutrition Therapy and food preparation techniques, supervise dietetic interns and technicians; and/or supervise a small food preparation service unit.