Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Currently reachable on the Civil Service list for Head Physical Therapist, or eligible for 70.1 transfer into the Head Physical Therapist title - OR
*Should the canvass result in less than 3 acceptors, candidates who meet the provisional qualifications will be considered.PROVISIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Promotional - One year as a Senior Physical Therapist.
Open Competitive - You must be a licensed Physical Therapist in the State of New York and have had three years of work experience as a Physical Therapist, one of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
• Ability to function as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team relating to professional, para-professional and direct care staff.
• Ability to communicate in a thorough, concise, accurate and professional manner both verbally and in writing.
• Training/public speaking experience.
• Possess an acceptable time and attendance record as specified in the time and attendance policy.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
As Head Physical Therapist, under the supervision of the Chief Physical Therapist, the selected candidate will:
• Assist in coordinating physical therapy services throughout the 8-county area
• Assist in clinically and administratively supervising all physical therapy staff
• Assist with maintenance/development of policies and procedures that relate to the Physical Therapy department
• Assist in coordinating services with community providers as needed
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As Head Physical Therapist, the selected candidate will:
• Provide clinical and administrative supervision and direction to agency physical therapy staff as assigned
• Carry a physical therapy caseload as assigned
• Assist in recruitment, mentorship and retention of physical therapy staff
• Assist in development of physical therapy-related policies, protocols, guidelines and procedures
• Provide clinical consultation to Interdisciplinary Treatment Teams as necessary
• Facilitate access to clinical continuing education opportunities for physical therapy staff
• Work with department heads of other agencies to ensure comprehensive provision of services
• Act as physical therapy representative on agency committees as assigned
Additional Comments Important note: the candidate selected to this position is advised that it will be their responsibility to discuss any previously approved time off with their new supervisor. There is no guarantee the new unit will be able to honor previously approved time. Contact Joyce Flynn at 315-473-2955 for questions regarding the position.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
101 West Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter and resume by 10/18/2018 and include EOA # 18-214 on all correspondence to: Central NY DDSO, Human Resources, 101 W. Liberty Street, Rome, NY 13440 or email: email@example.com.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness: If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information regarding PSLF please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.