Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Base: Hawthorne East IRA, 60 Chateau Lane
Minimum Qualifications 1. Must currently be a permanent Developmental Assistant 3.
2. Must be active and reachable on the Civil Service eligible list for Developmental Assistant 3.
3. Eligible for 70.1 transfer by way of current permanent status in a title deemed comparable by the NYS Department of Civil Service (must also be within 2 grades of targeted title).
4. Eligible for provisional* appointment.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENT:
One year as a Developmental Assistant 2 or Senior Licensed Practical Nurse 2.
Two years as a Developmental Assistant 1 or Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 2.
NOTE: *Provisional appointments will only be considered if there are insufficient in-title and/or Civil Service List candidates.
Valid unrestricted license to drive in New York State.
Duties Description 1. Supervise direct care staff, as assigned. Complete evaluations and ensure that evaluations are completed accurately, fairly and on time. Identify training needs and ensure that employees are trained. Train/supervise new mid-level supervisors.
2. Monitor house budgets and maintain Cash Management objectives through planning and monitoring of staffing allocations and ensuring adequate distribution and deployment of direct care staff on an ongoing basis. Assist in monitoring and deployment of staff by providing updated and accurate staffing analysis reports. Responsible for overtime management (to include approval & review of appropriate usage), and deployment of per diem and overtime pool staff, as needed.
3. As assigned, investigate and follow-up on incidents involving individuals and/or employees. Ensure accurate & timely reporting on the appropriate forms according to HVDDSO procedures & guidelines.
4. Keep up-to-date records & statistics required by OPWDD & State & local authorities. Ensure the individuals’ records are maintained. Complete quarterly financial audits of individual’s Personal Allowance funds.
5. Periodically tour community houses (to include during the evening & night shifts, and on weekends) to observe staff performance, and identify deficiencies or other problems related to individuals’ health & safety. Discuss findings & develop a plan of action to correct the problem. Provide appropriate follow-up to ensure compliance. Ensure implementation of individual habilitation programs.
6. Serve as liaison with Administrative/Support Services, such as the Business Office, and day treatment/workshops to ensure coordination of services. Supervise the development of individual habilitation programs. Coordinate with the Director of Volunteer Services to ensure volunteer participation in community programs.
7. Active member of oversight team assigned to specific residences.
8. Perform other duties, as assigned by the Treatment Team Leader.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by October 17, 2018, to:
DDSOO 4 – Hudson Valley
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA # in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
P.O. Box 470
Notes on ApplyingPOSITION DESCRIPTION:
As a Developmental Assistant 3, you will serve as a second level supervisor of multiple work sites and will supervise and work with lower level supervisors and direct care staff across a variety of shifts and work locations to ensure appropriate scheduling coverage and utilization of staff in order to provide for the personal daily living needs of individuals with developmental disabilities to help them lead better lives. You will also perform administrative activities related to the daily operation of work sites.