Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
15598 State Highway 8
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be:
1. Reachable on the current Civil Service List for Habilitation Specialist 2, OR;
2. Permanent service as a Habilitation Specialist 2, OR;
3. Eligible to 70.1 transfer to a Habilitation Specialist 2 title, OR;
4. Those eligible for provisional appointment pending exam may be considered. You must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office for People With Developmental Disabilities and have had three months of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Habilitation Specialist 1, Habilitation Specialist 1 (Spanish Language), or Habilitation Specialist 1 (Manual Communications).
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The primary responsibility of the person in this position will be to assume the role of a Family Care Home Liaison. Responsibilities include ensuring that all program and any environmental requirements related to the Family Care home are being met and maintained. This staff person also ensures that fiscal and other provider needs and concerns are addressed and are met consistent with the needs of the individual(s) in the home. They will serve as a direct link between the Family Care Provider and Broome DDSOO.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Family Care Program including but not limited to regulatory requirements (part 635), protection of individuals receiving services (part 633), reportable incidents (part 624), Mental Hygiene Law Access to Clinical Records (Article 33§16), and the Home and Community Based Services waiver.
• Develop and maintain an understanding of the Family Care Policy Manual, and understand the role and responsibilities of the treatment team, including the Home Liaison, TTL, Community Mental Health Nurse, and Medicaid Service Coordinator in the family care home.
• Possess good interpersonal skills, good oral and written communication skills, and good listening skills.
• Must maintain confidentiality, and be capable of dealing with diverse personalities.
• Must conduct monthly home visits, ensuring the safety of the individuals, and that they are accepted, that their rights are not being violated and that Form 239 is completed.
• Must be able to evaluate the Family Care Provider’s skills and ability and report issues/concerns as necessary.
• Must be able to communicate to the Family Care Coordinator on any issues within the Family Care Home that may compromise the operation of the home.
• Develops the Residential Habilitation Plan of Care with the Family Care provider and the individual consistent with the Individualized Service Plan (ISP). Reviews plan on a monthly basis or more frequently, verifying services were rendered.
• Participates in the semi-annual and annual ISP.
• Assists in development and review of the fire/emergency evacuation plan on no less than a quarterly basis. Ensures fire drills are conducted and observes as required.
• Ensures a Personal Expenditure Plan is in place and used.
• Advocates for the health, safety, and emotional well-being of individuals in Family Care Homes.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments • All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingSubmit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by October 16, 2018 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA # 181016G in all correspondence.