Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
28 Hill Street
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be currently in title, eligible for 70.1 transfer or reachable on eligible list.
Candidates eligible for provisional appointment must take and pass a Civil Service examination in order to be considered for this position.
• Sr. LPN1: You must take and pass a Civil Service examination in order to be considered for this position. For qualified employees of New York State on or before the date of the examination you must be a qualified employee of New York State and have had one month of permanent competitive or 55-b/55-c service as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The person in this position will be involved in the treatment of individuals. They would administer medications; perform tube feedings; provide colostomy care; observe individuals and report changes in their condition; perform other procedures as ordered by a physician etc. They will prepare and apply simple dressings; bathe and feed individuals; and care for individuals and their residences by performing such tasks as making beds, changing linen, and caring for the assigned worksite. They will work alongside other Direct Support Professionals. Their degree of experience and expertise allows for participation in the development of plans, and for supervision of staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Function in the role of a Sr Licensed Practical Nurse 1 or 2, including supervisory coverage as assigned. Specifics to be discussed at interview.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments Please note:
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD participates in Federal Loan Forgiveness Programs. For more information go to: www.studentaid.ed.gov/publicservice.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and résumé by October 16, 2018 to:
Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office
249 Glenwood Road
Binghamton, NY 13905
Please reference EOA #181016H in all correspondence.