Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications This position is open to candidates who have one year of permanent competitive service as a Budget Examiner, G-18. The position is also open to NYS employees at or above G-16 who are eligible for transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two grade levels. In order to qualify for Section 52.6 transfer, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in an administrative title as defined by Section 52.6. Examples of qualifying Section 52.6 titles include Senior Administrative Analyst, G-18 and Business Systems Analyst 1, G-18.
Candidates should have strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills; the ability to think creatively and strategically to define and solve problems; and the ability to work both independently and on a team. Logistics and/or operations and performance management experience preferred.
Duties Description Incumbent(s) will be responsible for analysis, as well as internal coordinative roles, related to emergency preparedness, response, and recovery and resiliency:
• Provide coordination and oversight within DOB to ensure State agency vehicle purchasing and fleet management are reviewed in the broader context of the State’s potentially-deployable assets.
• Develop guidelines and serving as a resource to DOB line unit staff in the review of agency spending requests, as well as investment and planning.
• Serve as the DOB liaison with DHSES/OEM and Chamber Public Safety, including participating as DOB’s designee for Multi-Agency Calls (MAC) and pre-event planning discussions.
• Coordinate DOB guidance, including the tracking of resources and spending related to disaster recovery.
• Perform on-site audits and information gathering, periodically or as needed.
Additional Comments To be considered for a current or future position with the Budget Division, please complete the Online Employment Application at https://www.budget.ny.gov/resume/ and select "Homeland Security" on the Professional Interests and Skills page.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for a current or future position with the Budget Division, please complete the Online Employment Application at https://www.budget.ny.gov/resume/ and select "Homeland Security" on the Professional Interests and Skills page.