Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
1050 Forest Hill Road
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree in Human Services/Special Education and at least 5 years’ experience working with people who have a developmental disabilities, at least 3 years working in advocacy capacity. Must be available for statewide travel and must have good oral and written communication skills.
Currently a Consumer Advisory Board Program Associate, grade 18 and meet the following:
Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree in Human Services/Special Education and at least 5 years’ experience working with people who have a developmental disability, at least 3 years working in advocacy capacity, and knowledge of the Willowbrook Permanent Injunction and familiarity with state and federal laws and regulations specific to the delivery of services to people with I/DD and their rights.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Including but not limited to:
• This position will function as an Assistant Director.
• Administrative and clinical supervision of eight CAB representatives.
• Provide coverage for the Executive Director.
• Attend regularly scheduled (Monthly) and special Board meetings, as directed.
• Assist in recruitment of staff.
• Assist in training new staff.
• Provide on-going in-service training to supervisees and other CAB staff.
• Review and submit comments on proposed policies/regulations.
• Provide coverage for supervisees.
• Review and follow-up on incident reports or other allegations of abuse or violations of rights of Class members.
• On a rotational schedule review and respond to the CAB voicemail box on Holidays, nights and weekends.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.