Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be currently reachable on the Information Technology Specialist 2 (Programming),SG-18 eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible to transfer, interested candidates must have at least one-year permanent competitive service in a 52.6 qualifying title allocated to salary grade 16 or higher.
Duties Description • Work within a team or directly with users to understand the business requirements for new and/or existing applications.
• Participate in creating a Statement of Work when new applications are needed or existing applications need to be modified.
• Participate in the research phase of new application software and related components.
• Confirm system requirements and program prototype with stakeholders for the purpose of acquiring sign off.
• Analyze confirmed business requirements to determine effort of work / effect on existing applications.
• Develop technical specifications to meet business requirements.
• Program applications that meet business and technical requirements.
• Develop comprehensive technical documentation for all applications created and modified.
• Determine what tasks will be required to complete assignments and estimated completion dates of those tasks.
• Inform supervisor about potential or existing issues that may impact schedules and/or deliverables as soon as those issues arise.
• Troubleshooting Activities include:
o Monitor applications, email notifications, and logs for technical and/or functional issues which impact production applications and projects.
o Communicate with users and co-workers in an effort to understand issue, acquire all pertinent information and determine urgency of request.
o Collaborate with business unit partners and other IT teams to identify cause of issues with production applications and projects and resolve them.
o Analyze application and application environment to determine the cause (or eliminate suspected causes) of the issue.
o Review issue and determine appropriate course of action.
o Compile list of tasks or modifications necessary to resolve issue.
o Communicate with management and users of expected effort for completing tasks to fix the issue.
o Make any programming changes necessary to fix the issue.
o Escalate issues to next level staff or management as necessary
• Testing Activities include:
o Work with users to determine test scenarios that will provide useful results.
o Create test scripts based on predetermined test scenarios.
o Assist users in the execution of test plans and recording of results.
Additional Comments Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Computer related Associate’s degree
• Demonstrated experience with Object Oriented Programming (2-4 credit hours)
• Demonstrated experience Programming Internet Applications (2-4 credit hours)
• Demonstrated experience programming the User Interface of web based applications (2-4 credit hours)
• Demonstrated experience with HTML(3 months to less than 1 year)
• Demonstrated experience with Java (3 months to less than 1 year)
• Demonstrated experience with SQL/SQL*Plus (3 months to less than 1 year)
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than October 19, 2018. Please reference Item#00521– GOER-MPM
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The VACANCY ID # should not be included