Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Appointment Method:
Transfer: Must be eligible for transfer under Section 52.6, 70.1 or 70.4 of the Civil Service. Law. Information regarding
transfer eligibility may be available on the Civil Service Career Mobility Office website at: http://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/
• Knowledge of the New York State budget process, as well as, Division of the Budget guidelines and procedures;
• Knowledge of State Finance Law and State Comptroller policies and procedures; and
• Knowledge of State workforce bargaining agreements.
• Proficiency with both the Statewide Financial System (SFS) and Analyze NY reporting;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; and
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services seeks applicants for the position of Senior Budgeting Analyst to work in the Office of Financial Management (OFM). This is one of two Senior Budgeting Analysts reporting to the Chief Budgeting Analyst. The Senior Budgeting Analysts assist in the preparation of the agency budget, prepare program justifications and workload forecasts. Other duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develops and maintains personal service projections for use in the annual budget request and fiscal plan;
• Prepares narrative and tabular reports indicating agency expenditure components;
• Reviews and processes quarterly fringe and indirect billings;
• Assists with collecting data for the Department’s Annual Report;
• Assists in preparing annual reports required by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC);
• Assists in preparing annual reports required by the Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS);
• Conducts research and develops reports related to budgetary matters and agency operations as required for senior management;
• Monitors Department of Financial Services spending based on reports from SFS and Analyze NY, entering budget transfers to allocate and move funds, entering B1184 requests for travel and purchases, and other duties as assigned; and
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with staff of the agency, the Division of the Budget, and other control agencies.
Additional information regarding the duties will be discussed at the time of interview.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than October 19, 2018 to the email address listed below. Please include (Box SBA-00512) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
One Commerce Plaza
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 301
Albany, NY 12257
All candidates that apply may not be scheduled for an interview.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job and the accommodation would not constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency.