Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Office Assistant 2 eligible list or eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, candidates must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to a salary grade 7 or above.
Duties Description Perform review of easy to moderately complex claims relating to properties held or owing to individuals, estates, finders, and other entitled parties.
• Review and approve for payment a wide variety of easy to moderately complex claims including but not limited to individual, finders, estate, security related and ARQA.
• Review and verify prior processors determination of claimant eligibility/entitlement and the validity of the claims based on information collected from the claimant and other relevant individuals.
• Review and evaluate documentation presented by the claimant or other interested party to support approval or denial as provided by policy and explain reasons for denial when necessary.
• Maintain the ability to process independently and demonstrate good decision making skills.
Provide supervisory assistance.
• Answer staffs questions in a clear and consistent manner, generate and review of payment detail reports to ensure proper formatting, assist with additional review of settlements generated by staff in training.
Receive and submit Check Status and / or Check replacement requests.
• Receive requests for check status and / or check replacements.
• Review database to ensure appropriate action has been requested and claim is in correct processing queue, create well organized and accurate communications to Bureau of Accounts, review SFS pass back file to identify replaced checks and transition claim accordingly.
• Review, send and receive check copy and forgery and take appropriate action.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than October 15, 2018. Please reference Item#06006– GOER-JDC
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The VACANCY ID # should not be included.