Office of Instructional Support
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Reassignment: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service as a Supervisor of Education Programs.
Section 70.1 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55 b/c service in any of the following titles: Associate in Bilingual Education, Associate in Continuing Education, Associate in Early Childhood Education, Associate in Education Improvement Services, Associate in Educational Planning and Evaluation or Associate in Instructional Services.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s Office of Education Policy is seeking candidates for a Supervisor of Education Programs position in the Office of Instructional Support (OIS). This Office coordinates many of the curriculum, assessment and educational technology services that the Department provides to public, non-public, and charter schools, school districts and BOCES. OIS provides leadership and oversight for systems coordination and implementation of the NYS Learning Standards and the State assessment program. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervise the implementation of all initiatives across the Office of Instructional Support (Accountability, Bilingual Education and World Languages, Curriculum & Instruction, Data Systems and Education Technology, Special Education, and State Assessment) to ensure proper alignment and coherent message;
• Supervise professional and support staff in the preparation of written materials, including procurements, correspondence, and research to assist in the development and implementation of Department policies and procedures;
• Oversee vendor activities and responsibilities as assigned for quality, timeliness, accuracy and completeness;
• Oversee the coordination of staff assignments across the Office of Instructional Support;
• Work closely with and respond directly to Department senior management as needed;
• Ensure the quality of programmatic reports before they are finalized and made public; and
• Supervise staff in the management of procurements, vendor activities and responsibilities.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a contingent permanent appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree will be required. Filling of this position is contingent upon Division of the Budget approval.
*Leads to maximum salary of $116,844 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 26, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1867/64332) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528 EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by October 26, 2018 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (P12-1867/64332) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.