Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Possession of a High School Diploma, or equivalent. Individuals must have the legal right to work in the United States; possess strong customer service skills; be able to work with people under stressful conditions in a calm and courteous manner; be able to stand and walk for 75% of the time; be able to lift and move up to 20 lbs; have the ability to work a flexible schedule.
Duties Description The New York Department of State's Division of Licensing Services (DLS), oversees the licensure, registration, and regulation of 32 occupations throughout the state. DLS licenses over 800,000 individuals including real estate brokers, notaries, private investigators, and appearance enhancement professionals. Through its licensing and business filing capacities the division promotes business growth while protecting the health, safety, and welfare of all New Yorkers.
DLS announces exciting opportunities to serve as a Written Exam Proctor.
The Written Exam Proctor is responsible for securely administering written exams on behalf of the Department of State, Division of Licensing Services. The Written Exam Proctor will work with one or more other Written Exam Proctors, depending on the size of the exam site and/or administration. All test administrations must adhere to examination guidelines. Exams are administered by the paper/pencil method.
Written Exam Proctors generally work anywhere from 1 to 4 days per week, depending on the exam site.
• Understands and complies with all examination guidelines
• Checks in examinees, verifies identification and explains exam process
• Reads routine instructions to examinees
• Monitors examinees during test sessions to ensure a secure testing environment
• Assists in the distribution and collection of exam materials to examinees
• Assists in the preparation of test materials for return to the Licensing Examination Unit in Albany
• Provides aid to examinees in the completion of exam papers before testing begins
• Reports suspected irregularities to the Written Exam Supervisor
• Controls admission to and from the exam room
• Fills out appropriate paperwork for the various exams that are administered
• Assists in the training of new hires
• Arrives on time
• Performs other duties as assigned
Additional Comments Written Exam Proctors are compensated $100.00 per day; the amount of days per week may vary depending on scheduling needs. Examinations are held Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM. Applicants will be fingerprinted and must submit to a background check that includes a review of criminal history and financial records.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.