Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications There are no education or experience qualifications for this class. Facility Operations Assistant 1s must be physically able to perform the duties assigned. When required to operate motor vehicles, candidates must possess a valid New York State Driver’s License appropriate for the type of vehicle operated.
Duties Description Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Observe all established protocols for stockpile maintenance, employment, deployment, transportation coordination and recovery.
• Implement the preventative Maintenance Program for stockpile readiness.
• Provide responsive, statewide support during emergency situations requiring stockpile items.
• Assist in the accountability of all items deployed from the stockpile and returned to the stockpiles.
• Assist in the coordination and management of surplus materials.
• Assist in the issuance of equipment to vendors for maintenance and calibration.
• Operate Material Handling Equipment.
• May be required to respond to warehouse emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Receive warehouse deliveries.
• Maintain accountability of warehouse items using SFS inventory system.
• Perform support and clerical work such as document preparation, scheduling, and related activities.
• Prepare and submit Bills of Lading to supervisor and receiving agency after issuing warehouse equipment.
• Maintain records and perform routine preventative maintenance checks and services.
• Possess a valid NYS Driver’s License issued by the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles is required.
• Ability to bend, lift, climb and to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift to 70 pounds
• Ability to operate a variety of materials handling equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
• Successful completion of OSHA forklift training and certification within 90 days of appointment.
• Flexibility to work in environments of fluctuating temperatures including limited periods outside, year-round.
Additional Comments NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties
Please include a copy of your current NYS driver’s license when applying.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Vacancy ID number for which you are applying. Please provide a copy of your current driver's license when applying for this position.