Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Duties Description - Issue Sporting Licenses using the DEC Automated Licensing System (DECALS). Licenses will be issued/sold through in person transactions and over the phone.
- Possess effective communication skills for answering both phone and in person programmatic questions and system troubleshooting for the public and 1,300+ License Issuing Agents.
- Become familiar and knowledgeable about sporting license business rules, Hunting/Trapping and Fishing Regulations and selling procedures.
- Process and prepare daily deposits of DECALS sales transactions and assist in end of the day close outs and reconciling the daily account.
- Basic office procedures for data entry, filing, key boarding, photocopying, hand carry information to other offices. Sort, handle and re-route to appropriate offices all incoming mail and other information. Prepare special mail when necessary using proper procedures.
- Help with all aspects of bulk mailings for agents and customers, including copying and folding inserts, stuffing envelopes, printing and sticking of labels, etc.
- Overtime may be mandatory during our extremely busy season of August through October.
- Participation in selling licenses at the NYS Fair in Syracuse NY will be required.
- Assist Division or Game Management staff with mailings, typing, photocopying, or tasks deemed appropriate by your supervisor.
Additional Comments Travel and overtime may be required. This is a seasonal, hourly appointment ending no later than 3/31/2019. Program needs and funding will determine actual termination date, which may be prior to date listed. Actual work schedule, duties, and travel requirements may vary and will be discussed at the interview.
Candidates should be familiar with using a computer and Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel and Access.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.