Minimum Qualifications This is a transfer opportunity for current State Employees. The position is an 18-month traineeship leading to a CSEA grade 9. To be transfer eligible you must have current permanent or contingent permanent status as an Office Assistant 1 (Keyboarding), LDDS Trainee, or LDDS.
If you are reachable on the Beginning Office Assistant Civil Service Eligible List you may receive a canvass letter in the mail.
CANDIDATE MAY BE REQUIRED TO TAKE AND PASS A TYPING PERFORMANCE TEST.
Duties Description This vacancy is in the Binghamton Regional Office.
• Open claim and litigation case files for attorneys and investigators.
• Type all pleadings and other court documents and correspondence from transcriber and/or templates for attorneys.
• Maintain the calendar on a daily basis with return dates, answer dates, court conferences/hearings/trials and attorney’s schedule.
• Update the law department database on a daily basis.
• Answer phones and respond to inquiries from the public to properly direct calls.
• Act as the main receptionist and handle all inquiries from the public at the reception window.
• Make travel arrangements, schedule rental cars, court reporters, depositions, and prepare and process travel vouchers for reimbursement.
• Provide backup secretarial assistance of all duties as needed in absence of support staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments IN ACCORDANCE WITH STATE LAW, GOVERNOR'S EXECUTIVE ORDERS #6 AND 28.1, AND SECTION 504 OF THE FEDERAL REHABILITATION ACT OF 1973, AS AMENDED BY THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingThis is a transfer opportunity for current State Employees. If you are a current State Employee in a title eligible for transfer, please return cover letter and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Email is the preferred method of submission. Please indicate Vacancy ID# in the subject line of the email.