Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Swan Street Building, Core 4
Minimum Qualifications Open to NYS employees with one year of permanent competitive service as a HR Specialist 1, G-18; OR in a title G-16 or above deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law; OR in a title approved for transfer under Section 70.1 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades.
Qualifications for HR Specialist Trainee, NS:
Also open to NYS employees who are in a title approved for transfer to the title of HR Specialist Trainee 1 or HR Specialist Trainee 2 under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law or in a title G-11 or above deemed administrative under Section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates with at least one year of permanent competitive service in a title allocated to G-11 or higher and who have standing on the PCO or PMI eligible lists, or who have a bachelor’s degree and are active on the PATT eligible list and who may be eligible for transfer under the provisions of Section 70.4 of the Civil Service Law are also encouraged to apply.
Candidates eligible for consideration under the Governor's Program to Hire Persons/Veterans with Disabilities pursuant to Section 55b/c of the Civil Service Law will also be considered. Individuals certified eligible for the 55b/c program must possess a bachelor's degree to meet the education qualifications. Please provide a copy of your letter of eligibility with your response.
Salary range above applies to candidates appointed to HR Specialist 1, G-18. The hiring rate for candidates appointed to HR Specialist Trainee starts at $45,213 and is based on the candidate's salary at the time of hire. Candidates hired into the traineeship will be advanced to HR Specialist 1 upon the successful completion of a two-year traineeship.
Note: If you are on the examination eligible list for the position title in this location, you do not need to respond to this posting unless you are also eligible for appointment by one of the qualifications listed above. Candidates must be reachable on the current eligible list certification for this title in order to be list appointed. Please respond to all eligible list canvasses received.
Duties Description The Office of IT Services (ITS) is seeking an experienced, energetic, innovative HR Professional to assist with recruitment and diversity initiatives. Under the direction of a higher-level HR Professional, within ITS Human Resource Services, the incumbent will assist in supporting diversity and recruitment initiatives to ensure action plans are established and compliance is upheld with all related rules, regulations and laws. Illustrative duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist with developing recruitment strategies to increase protected class representation in IT professional positions.
• Assist with developing programs and remedies to enhance recruitment efforts from a diversity perspective.
• Assist with identifying ways to increase involvement in various programs and events (i.e., Women’s Leadership Program, Black History Celebrations, Hispanic Heritage, etc.).
• Assist with enhancing 55 B/C outreach efforts.
• Assist with Coordinating diversity training with ITS Learning & Talent Management Office.
• Participate in college outreach activities, including attending job fairs and maintaining communications for information sharing.
• Assist with the creation of recruitment plan documentation (outlining college outreach, high school outreach, exam and position distribution, social media, marketing materials).
• Participate in discussions to support pro-active organizational and succession planning and manage all personnel activities for assigned program areas; ensuring adherence to Civil Service Law, Rules, and Regulations.
• Research, analyze, and advise on recruitment, classification, and compensation strategies for difficult to recruit positions and unique staffing needs.
• Assist with management of recruitment, appointment processes, guidance to agency employees on human resources management, and classification requests.
• Liaison with the Business Services Center, Governor’s Office of Employee Relations, and Civil Service as needed.
Additional Comments This position is pending Division of Budget approval to fill. Some positions may require fingerprinting. Selected candidates who are new or returning to NYS service may be required to pay for fingerprinting fees.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Swan Street Building, Core 4
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to the attention of Louise C. Nails, no later than October 21, 2018, and indicate that you are applying for HR Specialist 1/Trainee, Ref #00112. In your cover letter, please clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications as stated above, and describe relevant experience for this position.
Your Social Security Number may be required in order to confirm your eligibility.