Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
PO Box 300
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be on the current eligible list and be reachable for appointment;
Transfer Opportunity - Candidates must have one year permanent competitive or 55-b/c service in this title and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of Civil Service law. To qualify for Section 70.1 transfer, candidates must be licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and have at least one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/c service in a title approved for transfer by Civil Service within two salary grades of the Grade 20 level.
Temporary Appointment – In the event there is not a valid eligible list at this location, candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for the Licensed Master Social Worker 2 examination may submit an employment application and resume to Central New York Psychiatric Center and if hired, will be appointed with temporary status.
Candidates must also submit an online application for the Licensed Master Social Worker 2 examination during the next application period in January 2019. The examination announcement and the online application can be found at the following link:
Candidates appointed temporarily must receive a score that is reachable on the resulting eligible list before they can be permanently appointed.
Either A. licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) AND have one year of post NYS licensure professional social work experience;**
OR B. licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
Registration and licensure as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor is not considered qualifying for these examinations.
** Professional social work experience involves activities such as screening, assessing and diagnosing individuals' and families' psychosocial needs, strengths and limitations; participating in the development of treatment plans and discharge plans; counseling and educating individuals, groups and families to promote mental, emotional, physical and social functioning; helping access needed services; providing client/patient advocacy and crisis intervention; and developing, coordinating and evaluating services and support systems. Experience limited to social work research or social work administration is NOT considered qualifying.
Duties Description This position will be assigned to the Risk Management Department in the Office of Quality Management. Activities of the Department include proactive risk surveillance, evaluation, and reduction activities, as well as incident investigation and reporting.
Specific duties will include but not be limited to:
• Using clinical skills and knowledge of OMH operations to
therapeutically interact with patients while evaluating reported
• Conducting timely investigations that will ensure the safety and
well-being of patients and staff
• Gathering evidence and conducting interviews to ascertain
facts from patients and staff
• Preparing detailed notes and summaries of reported incidents
• Developing and recommending corrective action plans
• Assessing the effectiveness of corrective action plans over time
• Reporting incidents to internal and external authorities as
Previous experience in a risk management position is not required. Full details of the job assignment will be discussed at the interview.
1. In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or federally-assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
2. If appointed you may be required to become an enrolled Medicare provider; obtain and provide to your employer a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number issued by the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPES); and otherwise actively participate to the degree necessary to allow for your services to be billed through Medicare and Medicaid. If you are appointed and you lose the ability to bill through Medicaid and Medicare, you may be terminated from your employment.
3. Continued employment as a Licensed Master Social Worker 2 is dependent upon current licensure and registration by New York State as a Licensed Master Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Loss of licensure and registration may result in removal from employment.
Additional Comments Background Investigation/Justice Center Review: Prospective appointees will be: 1) Checked against the Staff Exclusion List (SEL) maintained by the Justice Center for the Protection of People with Special Needs. Prospective employees whose names appear on the SEL as having been found responsible for serious or repeated acts of abuse or neglect will be barred from appointment and may have their names removed from the eligible list(s) for the title(s) if applicable. 2) Investigated through a Criminal Background Check (CBC), which includes State and federal Criminal History Record Checks. All convictions must be reported; conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any falsified or omitted information on the prospective appointee’s employment application, may bar appointment or result in removal after appointment. Each case will be determined on its own merits, consistent with the applicable provisions of State and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prospective employees will be fingerprinted in order to obtain a record of their criminal history information, and may be required to pay any necessary fees. 3) Screened against the Statewide Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR). Prospective employees will be required to pay any necessary fees. Additionally, prospective employees whose names are indicated on the SCR may be barred from appointment.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
PO Box 300
Notes on ApplyingIndicate the Title and Location of the position you are applying for. Please complete the Office of Mental Health Employment Application and submit it with your other application materials.