Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Human Resources Specialist 1 Staffing, SG-18: eligible for a 52.6 transfer
Human Resources Specialist Trainee 1 Staffing, NS: reachable on the Department of Civil Service’s PATT eligible list (Department of Civil employees only), reachable on the PCO eligible list, eligible for a Section 70.1 or 70.4 transfer, or 55-b/c eligible (Must have Bachelor’s Degree and 55b/c designation letter to qualify)
A list of titles approved for transfer to the Human Resources Specialist 1 Staffing is available through Civil Service GOT-IT at https://careermobilityoffice.cs.ny.gov/cmo/
Duties Description Under the supervision of a Human Resources Specialist 2, the incumbent of this position will be responsible for:
• Providing merit system advice and guidance to assigned State agencies via phone call, email, and in writing.
• Assisting assigned agencies with the interpretation of Civil Service laws, rules, regulations and policies.
• Planning, scheduling and administering timely and appropriate selection devices for assigned State agencies.
• Reviewing, researching and making recommendations on Department of Civil Service and Civil Service Commission matters.
• Monitoring, reviewing, and processing personnel transactions.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Agency Building 1