Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
50 Wolf Road
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description Under the supervision of the Training Specialist 2, the incumbent will develop, implement, present and manage training classes for NYS Department of Transportation employees statewide. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Identifying specific training needs.
• Administering and presenting training classes.
• Assisting with developing new training curricula.
• Evaluating classes for effectiveness and potential improvements.
• Serving as a primary administrator in the Statewide Learning Management System, including setting up classes, providing technical assistance, and running reports.
• Disseminating training announcements.
• Assisting in creating online training classes using e-learning authoring software.
• Travel is required (20%).
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road