Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Appointment Method:
This is an appointment to a position in the exempt jurisdictional class. As such, the incumbent of this position would serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
Duties Description The Department of Financial Services seeks applicants for the position of Deputy Superintendent for Banking in the Executive Office located in New York City. The Deputy Superintendent is responsible for assisting the Executive Deputy Superintendent of Banking in all supervisory, regulatory and legislative issues, related to the operations and activities of all units of the Banking Division.
Duties include, but will not be limited to, the following:
• Assist in implementation of the Superintendent’s goals and objectives for the Banking Division;
• Assist Executive Deputy Superintendent of Banking with respect all matters relating to all units of the Banking Division;
• Assist with establishing policies, procedures, guidelines and appropriate supervisory actions relating to all units of the Banking Division;
• Review and advise on New York State laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures and guidelines which may affect financial institutions regulated by the Banking Division and keep informed on regulatory changes as they may impact such institutions;
• Review and advise on laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures of federal or other regulatory authorities which many affect financial institutions regulated by the Banking Division;
• Participate in meetings with regulated institutions and relevant industry groups;
• Assist with DFS’s efforts in coordinating with other regulatory agencies;
• Participate in Conference of State Bank Supervisors Committees relevant to the Banking Division; and
• Develop a collaborative working relationship with other divisions within DFS.
Additional Comments Salary commensurate with experience. Please note that a change in negotiating unit may affect your salary, insurance and other benefits. Appointment to this position is pending Division of Budget approval to fill.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than November 16, 2018, to the email address listed below. Please include (Box DSB-00106) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 301
Albany, New York 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071
Please note that not all applicants may be scheduled for an interview.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT: REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Department of Financial Services is required to provide reasonable accommodation for known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability if an accommodation would enable the applicant to perform the essential functions of the job and the accommodation would not constitute an undue hardship on the operations of the agency.