Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Special consideration will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
• NYS Teacher Certification in Special Education;
• Certification as a Teacher of the visually impaired, with evidence of specialized training in working with developmentally delayed, blind/sensory impaired children, and demonstrated ability to work as a member of an educational team; and
• Experience and training in the areas of behavior modification, orientation and mobility, sign language, and/or Braille.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s School for the Blind is seeking applicants for an Instructor Substitute position. Major duties of this position will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Provide instruction to students in the absence of the Instructor;
• Follow emergency plans provided by the Instructor;
• Follow Individualized Education Plans for students; and
• Complete necessary daily progress reports for students.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a temporary, hourly position. Fingerprinting through the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Criminal Justice Services, a background check with the Office of Children and Family Services and clearance from the Justice Center Staff Exclusion List is required for employment. Fees associated with this process are at the applicant’s expense. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Applicants should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Instructor substitutes are notified by phone when services are needed and every effort is made to give 24 hour advance notice. Candidates without a valid teaching certificate will be limited to 90 working days within a school year.
APPLICATION: Applications are accepted on a continuous basis; applicants will be contacted when a vacancy is available. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the Box number (Instructor Substitute - Batavia) of the position in the subject line of your email and in all correspondence to ensure receipt of your application.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM, Room 528
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Applications are accepted on a continuous basis; applicants will be contacted when a vacancy is available. Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. You must include the Box number (Instructor Substitute - Batavia) of the position in the subject line of your email and in all correspondence to ensure receipt of your application.