Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list for this title; one year of permanent, competitive class service as an Office Assistant 2; or one year of permanent, competitive class service in a title eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Eligible titles include: Office Assistant 2 Calculations, Office Assistant 2 (Keyboarding), Office Assistant 2 (Stores/Mail).
Duties Description Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Covering the switchboard
- Operating the mailroom; collecting and distributing mail
- Sending claims correspondence
- Paraprofessional activities in areas such as purchasing, administrative analysis, and/or general administration
- Assist higher-level staff specialist
- May be assigned to projects which involve some independent preparation of written materials and reports, analysis of information, presentation of information, and formulation of recommendations
- Prepare material for agency manuals, prepare correspondence and memoranda, transmit information, review bid results, etc.
- Verbal exchange of information with the public, agency staff, administrators, and other state agency personnel
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the Vacancy ID# referenced in the subject line. Please include your official Civil Service title within your application.