Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
Minimum Qualifications Transfer Qualifications: Any current Developmental Assistant 3.
Any permanent employee eligible for a 70.1 transfer.
Anyone eligible to take the Civil Service examination for Developmental Assistant 3 (Provisional Appointment).
Promotional Opportunities: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List.
Provisional Appointment: In the event that there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the minimum qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment:
Note: If you are appointed provisionally, you must take the next scheduled Civil Service examination for this title and your score must be reachable on the resulting eligible list before you can be permanently appointed. If you do not pass the examination or achieve a reachable score, you may not be retained.
Minimum Qualifications: You must be a qualified employee of the New York State Office for People With Developmental Disabilities and have had permanent competitive or 55 b/55-c service as: three months as a Developmental Assistant 1, Developmental Assistant 1 (In Residence Model),* Developmental Assistant 2, Senior Licensed Practical Nurse 2, or Developmental Disabilities Secure Care Treatment Aide 2. After one year of the service described above, successful candidates will be qualified for appointment from the eligible list.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversight of Campus/380-390 staffing and serve in an advisory capacity to senior management.
• Staff Liaison for Statewide Recognition activities at the local level.
• Review schedules and ensure optimal resource usage.
• Facilitate improvements to schedules by collaborating with interested parties (employees, managers, union representatives and personnel.) This task will necessitate on-site observations and meetings with involved parties.
• Work with OHRM to track vacancies, hires and transfers to fill vacancies.
• Maintain Direct Care Seniority database.
• All duties involving the posting and bidding process.
• Assist with Civil Service Tests.
• Provide training to new supervisors in proper scheduling practices as well as provide support to teams as needed or requested.
• Provide Overtime/Deployment of Staff training for New Employee Orientation.
• Provide specific and detailed reports related to staff utilization as requested.
• Participate on committees/work groups as assigned.
• Interface with the Union to work out issues that need attention. Acting as mediator to correct the issue or determine if it is a non-issue. Participate in Grievance hearings if staffing related.
• Assist in identifying allocation needs and conduct all direct care interviews.
• Participate in other duties, special projects and assignments as directed by the Administration
• Assist with the monitoring and tracking of ATF
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Comments APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and resume by November 14, 2018 to:
Sunmount – OHRM
2445 State Route 30
Tupper Lake, NY 12986
Phone: (518) 359-4150
Fax: (518) 359-4161
Please reference the above EOA # 18-147 in all correspondence.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintain eligibility.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
• For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.