Note: For questions about the job posting, please contact the agency that posted this position by using the contact information provided on the "Contact" tab for the position.
400 Oak Street, Suite 103
Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list, or;
Candidates must have at least one year or permanent competitive service in a title designated as appropriate for transfer in accordance with Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description • Visit individuals, businesses and agencies to gain information, documentation and to secure employer cooperation and compliance.
• Demonstrates through daily usage a mastery of relevant information technology and research engines and solid knowledge of WCL as relates to enforcement unit procedures and related claims processes. Stay abreast of enforcement-related WCB program requirements and attend all agency required meetings and training sessions.
• Make phone calls, e-mails, faxes and various forms of written correspondence to gain and report information.
• Write clear, concise and factual reports.
• Serve all legal documents including stop-work orders and subpoenas timely.
• Answer routine questions from the public in a polite and professional manner.
• Complete investigation and corresponding reports in a timely manner.
• Pro-active investigation of suspected non-compliance and quick and decisive response to perceived problems.
• Maintain good working relationships with supervisor and co-workers. Reports difficulties with specific assignments to supervisor immediately. Support other ream members to maximize unit effectiveness.
• Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
• Maintain accurate records of activity and safeguard confidentiality of records, procedures and persons.
• Exercise good judgment when: preserving safety, judging feasibility/predicting likely outcome of contemplated actions, refining and improving investigative techniques.
Additional Comments Qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and resume which lists your actual Civil Service title, salary grade and specific verifiable information as to how you meet the minimum qualifications to be eligible to apply for this position. Please send your application to HRM@WCB.ny.gov (email applications are preferred). It is important that you reference the WCB Item #1268 in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. (Please do not reference the Vacancy ID No.)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.